Monday, February 2, 2009

NTT DoCoMo To Kill Off 2G Network

NTT DoCoMo To Kill Off 2G Network

Japan scores another first as their service provider, NTT DoCoMo will kill of its remaining 2G network by the time 2012 rolls around. Just a show of hands on how pervasive 3G users are in the Land of the Rising Sun, only 12% of users will be affected assuming they don't switch over to 3G by 2012. We suppose getting the remaining 12% to hop on to the 3G bandwagon will be a much easier task since they already have the other 88% in the bag. To sweeten the deal, NTT DoCoMo will be offering selected incentives for subscribers to switch, although we haven't seen let alone heard what those incentives will be. When do you think other countries will follow suit? We're placing our money on Singapore as the city state is small enough to regulate, making it much more easy to push changes.

Permalink: NTT DoCoMo To Kill Off 2G Network from Ubergizmo) | Good deals | Hot: OMNIA Review | Hot (FR): Envy 133


[Source: Ubergizmo]